Pet Stories

George the lurcher pup’s miraculous recovery after high-risk op to mend a broken spine

Posted on

A puppy which fractured its spine after a freak fall in open fields is back to full health thanks to painstaking surgery to realign his spinal cord. George was just four months old and playing with his lurcher pal Willow when he jumped and trapped…

West Kirby vet saves Labrador’s leg after freak injury

Posted on

A much-loved pet is fighting her way back to full fitness after a three-hour operation to repair a leg tendon torn in a freak accident which could have crippled her for life. Amber the five-year-old Labrador was facing a severely debilitating injury or even amputation…

Puppy whose jaw was bitten off in horror attack reunites with vet who saved him

Posted on

A Bongo’s Bingo worker whose tiny puppy needed emergency surgery to reattach his jaw after being horrifically mauled by an XL American bulldog has thanked the Warrington veterinary team who saved his life. Greg McCosker was walking his 11-month-old Miniature Jack Russell, George, in a…

Cheshire cat learning to live with three legs after vicious air gun attack

Posted on

A cat is learning to live with three legs after a cruel air gun attack forced his owner to amputate his leg. Four-year-old Stampy needed emergency surgery after the attack left his bone in pieces. His owner Jo Godsall – who in a stroke of…

Pesky pooch with taste for inedible snacks gets walking stick lodged in his stomach

Posted on

A pesky pooch too troublesome to qualify as a guide dog is becoming an all too regular customer at a Cheshire veterinary practice after scoffing things he shouldn’t. Denning the three-year-old Golden Retriever has already snaffled his way through two pairs of spectacles and countless…

Cat saved after West Kirby vet finds 80% of stomach ‘full of hair bobbles’

Posted on

A SIAMESE cat was saved from death by a Wirral vet after swallowing a pile of hair bottles. Marley’s owners hadn’t noticed he had been eating the bands until he fell ill and was taken to the vet where an X-ray revealed the three-year-old feline…


Staffie swallows fish hook

Posted on

A Winsford vet has urged dog owners to be vigilant after a Staffordshire Bull Terrier had a lucky escape after it swallowed a fish hook. The warning was issued by Head Vet Fiona Hughes of Winsford Veterinary Surgery after much-loved pooch Millie gobbled up the…

Puppy’s persistent cough caused by huge wheatsheaf stuck in his lung

Posted on

Caring vets came to the rescue of a puppy after they discovered that a persistent cough was caused by a huge piece of wheatsheaf that got trapped inside his lung. The veterinary team at Oakwood Referrals in Hartford were stunned when they got to the…

Cola thorax showing pellets

Dog gets shot, rescued and then run over

Posted on

A rescue dog who survived being shot in Cyprus and was flown over to the UK only to escape and get hit by a car on the M56 has made a remarkable recovery from his injuries. The incredible survival story of four-year-old Cola stunned the…


Cat undergoes ‘gender reassignment’ surgery

Posted on

A cat with a bladder problem has made a miraculous recovery after undergoing radical “gender reassignment” surgery. Six-year-old Piglet was facing being put to sleep, but thanks to the skill of vet Sarah Bruce at Charter Vets in Congleton, his life has been saved using…

© 2024 Wikipet. All rights reserved.
Website by Kanuka Digital.