Category: Uncategorised

George the lurcher pup’s miraculous recovery after high-risk op to mend a broken spine

Posted on

A puppy which fractured its spine after a freak fall in open fields is back to full health thanks to painstaking surgery to realign his spinal cord. George was just four months old and playing with his lurcher pal Willow when he jumped and trapped…

West Kirby vet saves Labrador’s leg after freak injury

Posted on

A much-loved pet is fighting her way back to full fitness after a three-hour operation to repair a leg tendon torn in a freak accident which could have crippled her for life. Amber the five-year-old Labrador was facing a severely debilitating injury or even amputation…


Staffie swallows fish hook

Posted on

A Winsford vet has urged dog owners to be vigilant after a Staffordshire Bull Terrier had a lucky escape after it swallowed a fish hook. The warning was issued by Head Vet Fiona Hughes of Winsford Veterinary Surgery after much-loved pooch Millie gobbled up the…

Puppy’s persistent cough caused by huge wheatsheaf stuck in his lung

Posted on

Caring vets came to the rescue of a puppy after they discovered that a persistent cough was caused by a huge piece of wheatsheaf that got trapped inside his lung. The veterinary team at Oakwood Referrals in Hartford were stunned when they got to the…

Cola thorax showing pellets

Dog gets shot, rescued and then run over

Posted on

A rescue dog who survived being shot in Cyprus and was flown over to the UK only to escape and get hit by a car on the M56 has made a remarkable recovery from his injuries. The incredible survival story of four-year-old Cola stunned the…


Cat undergoes ‘gender reassignment’ surgery

Posted on

A cat with a bladder problem has made a miraculous recovery after undergoing radical “gender reassignment” surgery. Six-year-old Piglet was facing being put to sleep, but thanks to the skill of vet Sarah Bruce at Charter Vets in Congleton, his life has been saved using…

Wirral dog contracts lungworm

Posted on

A vet has issued a warning to dog owners after a Wirral family almost lost their beloved pet to a rare and deadly disease linked to slugs and snails. Vet Dylan Payne, of Acorn Veterinary Centre in West Kirby, is part of the team helping…

Cat badly burnt by laundry cleaner

Posted on

VETS have saved the life of a young cat who was left badly burned after it ended up getting covered in laundry disinfectant. Hamish was found foaming at the mouth by his owners Pete and Caroline Valentine, who assumed that his playmate, Mittens must have…

Small dog swallows massive sock

Posted on

A laundry-loving dog gave herself a shock when she ended up swallowing a sock. But luckily vets were able to retrieve the size 12 item, which was longer than 22-month-old Shih Tzu Maggie-May. The pesky pooch was taken to Beech House Veterinary Centre in Warrington,…

Dog with broken legs becomes a flyball star

Posted on

A dog who broke his leg while chasing a car has gone on to have a successful career in the canine sport of flyball. Bryn the Border Collie has come on leaps and bounds since the accident when he was a pup. But thanks to…

© 2024 Wikipet. All rights reserved.
Website by Kanuka Digital.